Somolax 60: Each capsule contains Alverine Citrate BP 60 mg.
Somolax is an anti-spasmodic medicine. It relaxes the muscles in the intestine (gut) and uterus (womb). This helps to stop the pain when the muscles become tense.
Somolax is indicated in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Somolax can also be used for a condition of the large intestine called painful diverticular disease of the colon and to relieve period pains.
Dosage & Administration
The usual dose is 1 or 2 capsules taken up to 3 times a day. Somolax is not suitable for children under 12 years old.
● Yellowing of the whites of the eyes and the skin, as inflammation of the liver has been known to occur
● Difficulties in breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing, swelling of face or other parts of body
● A feeling of sickness or dizziness
● Allergic reactions, which may include itching or skin rash
● Aging 40 years or over
● Blood passed from the bowel
● Feeling sick or vomiting
● Having lost appetite or weight
Somolax is contraindicated for the following:
● Hypersensitivity to Alverine Citrate or any of the other ingredients of the capsule
● Having obstruction of the gut
Use in Pregnancy & Lactation
The safety of Somolax during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not established. It is not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Somolax can produce hypotension and Atropine-like toxic effects. Management is as for Atropine poisoning with supportive therapy for hypotension.
Somolax 60: Each box contains 3 blister strips of 10 capsules.