Betastin Sterile Eye Drops: Each ml contains Bepotastine Besilate INN 15 mg.
Bepotastine Besilate 1.5% is a sterile drops for ophthalmic use. Bepotastine is direct H1-receptor antagonist and an inhibitor of the release of histamine from mast cells.
Betastin is indicated for the treatment of itching associated with signs and symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis.
Dosage & Administration
Instill one drop of Betastin eye drops into the affected eye(s) twice a day.
Pediatric Use: Safety and effectiveness in children below the age of 2 years have not been established.
The most common reported side effect occurring in approximately 25% of subjects was a mild taste following instillation. Other side effects occurring in 2-5% of subjects were eye irritation, headache, and nasopharyngitis.
• To minimize the risk of contamination, do not touch dropper tip to any surface.
• It should not be used to treat contact lens-related irritation.
• Patients should be advised not to wear contact lens when using this drop.
Use in Pregnancy & Lactation
Pregnancy: Pregnancy Category C. There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. It should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit to the mother justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
Lactation: It is not known if Bepotastine besilate is excreted in human milk. Caution should be exercised when it is administered to a nursing woman.
• Store in a cool, dry place & protected from light
• Keep out of reach of children
• Do not use more than 4 weeks after opening.
Betastin Sterile Eye Drops: Each plastic dropper bottle contains 5 ml of sterile eye drops.