Moxquin 400: Each film coated tablet contains Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride USP equivalent to Moxifloxacin 400 mg.
Moxquin 400 mg IV infusion : Each bottle contains 250 ml solution containing Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride BP equivalent to Moxifloxacin 400 mg.
- Acute Bacterial Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae or Moraxella
- Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus
influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus or
- Community Acquired Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (including multi-drug resistant strains),
Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella
pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae or Chlamydophilia pneumoniae
- Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus or
- Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections caused by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus,
Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae or Enterobacter cloacae
- Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections including polymicrobial infections such as abscess caused by
Escherichia coli, Bacteroides fragilis, Streptococcus anginosus, Streptococcus constellatus, Enterococcus faecalis,
Proteus mirabilis, Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron or Peptostreptococcus species.
• In Acute Bacterial Sinusitis Moxifloxacin 400 mg is given once daily for 10 days.
• In Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis Moxifloxacin 400 mg is given once daily for 5 days.
• In Community Acquired Pneumonia Moxifloxacin 400 mg is given once daily for 7-14 days.
• In Uncomplicated Skin & Skin Structure infections Moxifloxacin 400 mg is given once daily for 7 days.
• In Complicated Skin & Skin Structure infections Moxifloxacin 400 mg is given once daily for 7-21 days.
• In Complicated Intra-Abdominal infections Moxifloxacin 400 mg is given once daily for 5-14 days.
Moxquin 400 mg IV infusion can be administered intravenously for the entire treatment duration. Alternatively, therapy may be initial intravenous administration, followed by oral administration when clinically indicated. The recommended duration of treatment for the indication being treated should not be exceeded. The solution for infusion should be infused intravenously over 60 minutes.
No adjustment of dosage is required in the elderly.
Efficacy and safety of Moxquin IV infusion in children and adolescent have not been established.
Moxquin 400 mg IV infusion: Each box contains a bottle of 250 ml solution, a bottle hanger and an infusion set.