Each ml contains Tropicamide BP 8 mg and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride BP 50 mg.
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride is an alpha receptor sympathetic agonist used in local ocular disorder because of its vasoconstrictor and mydriatic action without cycloplegia.
• Therapeutic purpose: Inflammatory conditions of the uveal tract
• Diagnostic purpose: Retinal photography, Refractive errors, Funduscopy, Slit lamp examination
• Pre-operative use : In order to undergo surgical procedure that requires the visualization of structures behind the iris, such as cataract extraction, vitrectomy and retinal detachment surgery, the pupil must be adequately dilated before surgery.
Uveitis: 1-2 drops bid-qid or as required.
Diagnostic purpose/Pre-operative purpose: Instill 1-2 drops in the eye(s) 15-20 minutes before examination. If examination is not conducted within 20–30 minutes, an additional drop may be placed in the eye(s) to prolong the effect.
- Caution should be taken when administered with, or upto 21days after administration of monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors as exaggerated adrenergic effects may result.
- The possibility of psychotic reactions and behavioral disturbances should be considered in patients who are hypersensitive to anticholinergic drugs.
- Use with extreme caution in infants.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to any of the components and narrow angles or narrow angle glaucoma.
- Low birth weight infants and some elderly adults with severe arteriosclerotic cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease.
- During intraocular operative procedures when the corneal epithelial barrier has been disturbed.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat and direct light.
Do not use more than 4 weeks after opening.