Acuren 25: Each tablet contains Hydrochlorothiazide BP 25 mg.
Acuren 50: Each tablet contains Hydrochlorothiazide BP 50 mg.
• Edema associated with congestive heart failure, hepatic cirrohosis, various forms of renal dysfunction and corticosteroid and estrogen therapy
• Management of hypertension either as the sole therapeutic agent or to enhance the effectiveness of other antihypertensive drugs in the more severe form of hypertension
• Management of diabetes insipidus
• Management of proximal renal tubular acidosis
• Idiopathic hypercalciuria and calcium nephrolithiasis, osteoporosis and exercise induced hyperkalemia
For Edema: The usual adult dosage is 25 to 100 mg daily as a single or divided dose.
For Control of Hypertension: The usual initial dose in adults is 25 mg daily given as a single dose. The dose may be increased to 50 mg daily, given as a single or two divided doses. Doses above 50 mg are often associated with marked reductions in serum potassium. In some patients (especially the elderly) an initial dose of 12.5 mg daily may be sufficient.
Infants and children
For diuresis and for control of hypertension: The usual pediatric dosage is 1 to 2 mg per kg body weight per day in single or two divided doses, not to exceed 37.5 mg per day in infants up to 2 years of age or 100 mg per day in children 2 to 12 years of age. In infants less than 6 months of age, doses up to 3 mg per kg body weight per day in two divided doses may be required.
Lactation: Neonatal side effects have been seen incase of hydrochlorothiazide therapy and therefore it is not recommended.
Antidiabetic Drugs (oral agents and insulin): Thiazides can impair control of diabetes mellitus by diet and antidiabetic Drugs.
Antihypertensive Drugs: Additive effect or potentiation.
In the event of over dosage, symptomatic and supportive measures should be employed. Emesis should be induced or gastric lavage performed. Correct dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, hepatic coma and hypotension by established procedures. Hemodialysis can be used successfully to treat severe intoxication.
Acuren 50: Each box contains 10 blister strips of 10 tablets.