Lotepro Sterile Ophthalmic Suspension: Each ml contains Loteprednol Etabonate INN 5 mg.
Loteprednol etabonate is structurally similar to other corticosteroids. It is highly lipid soluble which enhances its penetration into cells.
Superficial punctate keratitis
Herpes zoster keratitis
It is also indicated for the treatment of post-operative inflammation following ocular surgery.
Steroid responsive disease treatment:
Apply 1 to 2 drops of Lotepro into the conjunctival sac of the affected eye(s) four times daily. During the initial treatment within the first week, the dosing may be increased, up to 1 drop every hour, if necessary. Care should be taken not to discontinue therapy prematurely.
Apply 1 to 2 drops of Lotepro into the conjunctival sac of the operated eye(s) four times daily beginning 24 hours after surgery and continuing throughout the first 2 weeks of the post-operative period.
• Patients should be advised not to allow the dropper tip to touch the eye, eyelid, fingers, or any other surface to prevent contamination
• Patients should be advised not to wear soft contact lenses when using this drug
• If this product is used for 10 days or longer, intraocular pressure should be monitored.
• The possibility of fungal infections of the cornea should be considered after long-term steroid dosing
• The use of steroids may delay wound healing.
Lotepro is also contraindicated in individuals with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of this preparation and to other corticosteroids.
Lactation: It is not known whether topical ophthalmic administration of corticosteroids could result in sufficient systemic absorption to produce detectable quantities in human milk.
Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established.
Keep out of the reach of children
Do not use more than 4 weeks after opening
Shake well before using.