Clopramin Tablet: Each tablet contains Clomipramine Hydrochloride USP 25 mg.
Clomipramine Hydrochloride is an original tricyclic antidepressant, a member of the dibenzazepine group of compounds. It is presumed to influence obsessive and compulsive behaviors through it’s effects on serotonergic neuronal transmission. The actual neurochemical mechanism is unknown but it has the capacity to inhibit the reuptake of serotonin (5-HT) which is thought to be important ( like obsessions, compulsion) thus hampers social acquaintance.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Depression
Initial dose is 25 mg at bed time about a week, gradual increase of dose should not be exceeded more than 150 mg per day in adult and 75 mg per day in elderly patient. Dose can be given as divided form to reduce gastrointestinal disturbances.
The most frequent side effects are gastrointestinal disturbances, Headache, dizziness, nausea, constipation, dry mouth, increased sweating, shaking hands, tremor, difficulty in passing urine, problems with their eyes, feeling tired or sleepy, sexual disturbance, restlessness.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Clomipramine if you:
- have ever had suicidal thoughts
- suffer from epilepsy (fits)
- have had a head injury or have suffered brain damage
- are going to have electric shock therapy (ECT)
- have other problems with your heart
- have been told you have a low level of potassium in your blood (hypokalaemia).
The doctor will need to treat this before you start taking clomipramine
- have kidney disease
- suffer from schizophrenia or other mental health conditions
- have a blood disorder
- have an overactive thyroid gland
- have had severe constipation for a long time
- have a tumour (cancer) of the adrenal gland (such as phaeochromocytoma or neuroblastoma)
- liver disease
- have low blood pressure
- wear contact lenses
No adequate well-controlled studies of safety for pregnancy. Limited data suggest that clomipramine is likely to be excreted in human breast milk. Although it has known risk of damage to fetus.
It has been reported that adults can experience dryness of mouth, dilated pupils, coma, convulsions. Tachycardia/ cardiac arrhythmia, respiratory depression and alteration in blood pressure are noted.
Do not store above 30 ° C. Keep away from light and out of the reach of children
Clopramin Tablet: Each box contains 3 blister strips of 10 Tablets.