Metalone Plus Sterile Ophthalmic Suspension: Each ml contains Fluorometholone Acetate BP 1 mg and Tetrahydrozoline HCl BP 0.296 mg equivalent to Tetrahydrozoline 0.25 mg.
Metalone Plus is a combination preparation of Fluorometholone Acetate and Tetrahydrozoline. Fluorometholone Acetate is a moderately potent corticosteroid that shows anti inflammatory action by inhibiting release of inflammatory mediators. Tetrahydrozoline is an alpha agonist which constricts conjunctival blood vessels and reduces the redness of the eye caused by allergic reaction.
• Acute and chronic allergic non-infectious conjunctivitis and keratitis with severe swelling and intravascular injection
• Non-infectious inflammation of the anterior segment of the eye (including anterior uveitis, episcleritis and scleritis)
• Post-operative irritative conditions after strabismus; cataract & glaucoma surgery with supplementary antimicrobial therapy.
Adults and children (above 2 years of age):
Instill 1-2 drops into conjunctivalsac 2-3 times daily. Dose may be increased to 1 drop hourly during first 24-48 hr.
Mild burning sensation, reversible increase in intra ocular pressure (IOP), reactive hyperemia/rebound effect, cataract & corneal defects, glaucoma, systemic effects (chronic use).
• Prolonged use in pregnant women and infants should be avoided
• This medication should be used with caution in patients under treatment with MAO inhibitors
• Do not apply while wearing soft contact lenses. The lenses should be removed before application of the drops and not reinserted earlier than 15 minutes after use.
• Shake well before use.
No adequate and well-controlled study of Fluorometholne Acetate & Tetrahydrozoline has been established during pregnancy & breast feeding. Therefore, this combination should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.