Daclatasvir 60 mg
What is Virodacla?
Virodacla is a prescription medicine used with sofosbuvir to treat chronic (lasting a long time) hepatitis C genotype 3 infection in adults. Virodacla should not be taken alone. It is not known if Virodacla is safe and effective in children under 18 years of age.
What should a patient tell his or her healthcare provider before taking Virodacla?
Before taking Virodacla, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- - Have liver problems other than hepatitis C infection
- - Have had a liver transplant
- - Have heart problems
- - Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant?
- It is not known if Virodacla will harm your unborn baby.
- - Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed?
- It is not known if Virodacla passes into your breast milk.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Virodacla and other medicines may affect each other. This can cause you to have too much or not enough Virodacla or other medicines in your body. This may affect the way Virodacla or your other medicines work or may cause side effects. Keep a list of your medicines to show your healthcare provider and pharmacist. You can ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a list of medicines that interact with Virodacla.
Do not start taking a new medicine without telling your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider can tell you if it is safe to take Virodacla with other medicines.
How should I take Virodacla?
- - Take Virodacla exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to.
- - Do not change your dose unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
- - Do not stop taking Virodacla without first talking with your healthcare provider.
- - Take Virodacla 1 time each day with or without food.
- - If you miss a dose of Virodacla, take the missed dose as soon as you remember the same day. Take the next dose at your regular time.
- - If you miss a dose of Virodacla and remember the next day, skip the missed dose. Take the next dose at your regular time.
- - Do not take 2 doses of Virodacla at the same time to make up for the missed dose.
- - If you take too much Virodacla, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
What are the possible side effects of Virodacla when used with sofosbuvir?
Virodacla in combination with sofosbuvir and amiodarone may cause serious side effects, including:
- - Slow heart rate (bradycardia). Virodacla combination treatment with sofosbuvir may result in slowing of the heart rate (pulse) along with other symptoms when taken with amiodarone, a medicine used to treat certain heart problems. Get medical help right away if you take amiodarone with sofosbuvir and
- - Virodacla and get any of the following symptoms: Fainting nearfainting, dizziness or lightheadedness, not feeling well, weakness, tiredness, shortness of breath, chest pain confusion memory problems.
- - The most common side effects of Virodacla when used in combination with sofosbuvir include:
These are not all the possible side effects of Virodacla.
How should I store Virodacla?
Store Virodacla at room temperature between 68°F and 77°F (20°C and 25°C). Keep Virodacla and all medicines out of the reach of children.